Are You Experiencing Headaches?
Headache’s with Dave
Headaches can occur for a number of reasons, but some of these can be treated by a Physiotherapist or the cause of the headache can be determined by a therapist.
Posture: Related to mood, set up, strength, endurance, range of motion
Stress: Increases sensitivity to pain drivers, increases blood pressure/vascular tension, can affect postures and clenching of the jaw
Acute injury: A fall, motor vehicle accident, head collision in sport (concussion)
Medical: Physiological issues that can be diagnosed by your doctor.
So, what can physio help with?
- Identify the pain triggers in the neck, jaw or scapular muscles. These are the most likely areas that commonly refer pain to the head in a way you might call it a ‘headache’.
- Change your environment or equipment set up at the desk or car for example, or in your chosen sport or hobby.
- Strengthen relatively weak muscles, or guide the building of endurance.
- These areas of weakness or poor endurance may be far away from the symptomatic region, for example; hip flexors and abdominals, rather than neck muscles.
- Help coordinate breathing into more comfortable postures.
- Advice on appropriate mobility drills and stretches that help you get into better positions.
- Manual therapy; massage, dry needling, joint treatments.
Book in NOW to come see the team!